Monday, August 27, 2007

It's been a long time since I last posted, but this post definitely has to be a highlight of Moo's blog. Usually I miss new things that Marley does. It always seems that when Marley does something that I think is new, Dad has already seen her do it. Well today was not one of those days.

MARLEY TOOK 3 INDEPENDENT STEPS ON HER OWN! I tried to coax her to take more steps when I had the camera ready to go with no luck. Once I put the camera away, guess what happened? You guessed it, she took more steps. I am so proud of my little girl!

Then when Jay left for work she signed, "Bye Daddy". That is a 2 word utterance! Yippee! She communicating!!!

So today was momentous. I've been holding my breath not to push her and let her progress in her own timeframe. I have to keep reminding myself that she was born premature and to top it off at 9 weeks, she spent about a month in the hospital intubated with RSV. I am so proud of her. She has worked really hard to get to where she is at.

I just have to smile when I think of my awesome little girl. That's it for now.

3 comments:

Amy Flege said...

wow.. that is awesome!! she is doing so great!!!

Our Story: Continued said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! I smile when I think of her too! I can't wait to see you guys!!! Lots of kisses!

Bethany said...

Yay! Great job baby girl! We haven't gotten Payton to sign ANYTHING yet! Sigh. I know we need to be more consistent with it, but come on already! Marley rocks!