Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Well we have our first sign. On August 1st, Marley signed "Daddy" for the first time and has been doing it since. I should have known that her first word would be "Daddy."

Marley has been chewing everything in sight. The poor little one had 4 teeth cut through about the same time. She has new molar, a new front tooth and two side teeth that have emerged. Her mouth is quickly becoming full of teeth. I've noticed that she is more willing to chew her food now that she has some molars.

We've been trying to work on the 1 nap per day in the afternoon, but it is not going that well. She ends up napping right after her morning snack and is up all afternoon. Needless to say that by 6pm she has hit her wall and becomes Miss Cranky. I am trying to find a happy medium so it is not such a struggle for her bedtime routine.

Marley is progressing in her walking. In PT she climbed the stairs to the slide on her own. She absolutely LOVES sliding. I think water, sliding, and swinging are her most favorite things to do. We're hoping that she'll start taking some independent steps soon.

4 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Way to go! That is so exciting!!!

Amy Flege said...

marley is doing so great!! yeah marley!!

Leticia said...

Climbing the stairs, life has just gotten more interesting for you! Congratulations!
My name is Leticia and I have a 5 year old daughter Christina who has Down syndrome. I have just passed my first anniversary of blogging, and to celebrate, I've created the first ever Carnival of Down syndrome bloggers today on my blog Cause of Our Joy http://cause-of-our-joy.blogspot.com.
Come on over and meet some wonderful bloggers. Send me a post if you have time today at leticia77@optonline.net . If you don't get this till Monday, you can send me a post for next week's carnival, they'll be a weekly event from now on.
Leticia Velasquez

Our Story: Continued said...

Way to go Marley!!! I can't wait to see ya'll again!